How to treat tear troughs
Dealing with tear troughs in the short term: There are many creams available claiming to reduce the appearance of dark circles that appear in this area, many of them contain vitamin K, however there is little evidence vitamin K can penetrate the skin and even less evidence that these creams actually make a difference.
In the long term, you can use a “filler” to replace the loss of fat between the skin and the bone in the tear trough. This treatment is one of the fastest and most effective treatments for getting rid of dark eye circles. Once the filler is in place the results can be seen almost straight away, and can last up to a year!
What to expect from a visit to Dr Sophie when treating your Tear Toughs/Dark circles:
- Your initial consultation is free, and you will be seen by Dr Sophie personally.
- When you arrive we will fill out any confidential paperwork.
- We will carefully discuss your main concerns and possible treatment options, along with a exact quote of the total cost of the treatment.
- The benefits and disadvantages of each treatment will be discussed fully.
- There is no obligation to have a treatment, you may wish to go away and think about it or you may wish to time the treatment in order to fit in with other events in your life.
- If you wish to go ahead with a treatment it might be possible to go ahead the same day.
Special notes for Tear Troughs/Dark circles treatment under the Eye: This generally fairly straight forward and excellent results can be achieved with just one treatment, it is however important not to over correct his area, as this can lead to puffiness. The products used are purchased by the syringe, any product left over from treating the initial area can only be used on the same visit. The remainder of any syringes purchased can be used elsewhere on your face, if suitable, at no extra cost to you. Generally any marks from treatment can be camouflaged with makeup and you should be able to continue with your every day activities, although you should avoid strenuous exercise, extremes of temperature (eg sauna) or a massaging the area within 48 hours after treatment. Often following treatment in this area of your face there can be a little puffiness, and it is therefore you would be advised to have this treatment at least a couple of weeks prior to a big occasion in order to ensure that you look your best.